Monday, July 28, 2008

Another Visit, Another Problem

When my sister-in-law comes to stay with us so does trouble. Mind you it isn't her fault at all. It is just a crazy coincidence. Her last visit in December our roof leaked, and we were woken up several times in the night to yet another spot on our ceiling leaking. This time it was the dog. Mason got sick in the night, really sick. He started by shaking. You know the kind of shaking that is either a shiver or a sign that he is scared. Then he puked his little guts out all over our bed. So Chris and I cleaned him up, cleaning the bed up, remade the bed and laid back down. Mason was still shaky but he seemed to be doing better. Just about the time we started to fall back asleep he puked again...twice this time. So we stripped the bed again and woke my sister-in-law and told her to sleep in our bed the rest of the night. We took Mason to the living room. I got the couch with Mason on a blanket on the floor next to me. Chris tried to get comfortable in the recliner, until his own bout of sickness had him running to the bathroom over and over again. I just stroked Mason's back and kept telling him it was ok and that his mama was here. He was trembling for a while but started to settle down. When I had to change positions and couldn't reach him anymore, he hopped up on the couch and curled up in between my legs and fell asleep. I got about a hour of sleep before my alarm went off. At this point I decided that it was a good day to take a personal day off work. My sister-in-law was using the last clean blanket in the house that wasn't baby size, and we had several sets of puked on sheets that needed to be treated and cleaned. So far it has been a busier day at home than most days at work. I am on load 3 of laundry, I called some day care centers, called around to find a place to get our baby's car seat inspected, and generally picked up around the house. Poor Mason is curled up on the couch. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).