Week 32 is here and that means that we only have 8 weeks (or less) to go before the baby is here. I can't wait to meet him, and also I can't wait to be able to breathe again and to not have to run to pee every hour.
Last week Chris traveled for Las Vegas for work. While he was gone I had lots of things on my to-do list. On Wednesday I had another ultrasound to check growth and to follow up on a "prominent" kidney on the baby. At my regular doctor appointment on Friday I found that the results of the ultrasound were great and the baby is right on for growth and we still have the same due date. No more information regarding the kidney, it doesn't look bad however so it will just be something they follow up with later. Also on the schedule last week was to have the broken tree cut down. On Monday I had the tree company out for a complete estimate and to schedule the work. Then on Thursday they came out and took down what was left of the tree, trimmed a broken branch in another tree, cut down the lilac next to the house and ground down a stump that was in the middle of our back yard. I was glad to have it all done. Mason was no to happy to have all the noise and barked himself silly.
I am so happy to have Chris back home safe and sound but now we must power ahead and work on completing our bedroom so we can get the baby's room ready. This weekend is the baby shower my mom is throwing and we will need room for all the wonderful stuff we get. Hopefully we can have everything in place when the little guy finally makes his appearance.
My goal is to start calling some day care centers to pick our a handful to go and personally visit. I am dreading this process of finding a stranger to care for my child more than anything I have ever dreaded in my whole life. I can only hope to find a place that I am comfortable with that we can also afford. Then maybe, just maybe, we can find a way for me to quit my job after a while and stay home full time until the baby starts school. It is probably just a pipe dream but I am going to do whatever I can to make it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).