Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby Shower

My mom threw us a baby shower this past weekend and it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed getting to visit with family and friends I haven't seen in quite a while. We got so many wonderful gifts including a lot of the big ticket items like the car seat, pack and play, and swing. My aunts Sophie and Grace made the most creative presentation of little outfits. They strung them all on a clothes line and wound it up in a laundry basket, so as you unraveled the line you saw all the cute outfits. There were 10 outfits, 2 blankets, 4 hats, 5 pair of socks, and a pair of shoes and they all matched one of two patters (dogs or dinosaurs). My friend Mary gave us an infant bathtub with a bear wearing a infant bathrobe, towels, washcloths and a rubber duck all inside. It was set up like the bear was taking a bath and was very cute! A friend of the families daughter, Nyla, was my little helper. She would bring me packages to open and she eventually started helping me to unwrap them too.
After the shower my sister brought Paige (17) and Morgan (4) to my parents place. Paige had painted Morgans nails so she was all dolled up for the shower. My sister told me that her youngest Jacob (2) wanted to have his nails painted to and held up his hands to Paige saying "Me." While at my parents Morgan was playing with Mason and she asked what his harness was and I explained how it was like a collar the dog wears all over. Then she asked "What's that on his belly?" I pointed to the harness and she said "no that." So I pointed to his male parts and that was what she wanted to know what it was. At first I wasn't sure what to tell her so I told her that is the part he uses to go potty and since he is a boy his part looks different than her dog Scooby's part. When Morgan realized what it was and that everyone was giggling because it was cute she was totally mortified. She ran to her mom and buried her head in shame. I told her it was a good question. Oh my was it funny though and he have been calling Mason's part his "what's that" ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).