
This week was interesting. On Thursday we got a really bid ice storm with freezing rain, thunder, lightning, trees falling on my shed and fence. Yeah it was great. Now we have to make an insurance claim to get the fence and the roof of the shed fixed, along with hopefully getting the rest of the tree cut down. It is funny because we have been in this house 7 months and we are already making an insurance claim on it. My parents have owned their home for about 30 years and they only made one claim and it wasn't even for the damn house. This house we bought sucks. Just one year and 5 months and then we can sell it.
Yesterday we drove to a town about 30 minutes away. They got the storm a lot worse then our area did. Many of the people there are without power. My husband and I went to Lowes to get a big tool box and I am certain we were the only people in the place not buying a generator or heater. I feel bad for them, but I am happy I am not them. The drive over there was really pretty. The trees are all coated in ice and when the sun shines on them it makes them look like they have been dipped in silver. It is just so beautiful. Destructive, but beautiful.
Today my husband, two of our friends and myself went to a Saginaw Spirit hockey game. Hockey is the only game that I really get and enjoy. I caught a shirt during one of the intermissions. Well technically Chris caught it for me, but it is mine!

After the game Chris and I went to Quiznos for dinner (Mmm, Toasty). My husband goes there A LOT! He and the owner are buddies due to the fact that he is always eating there. Well today we walked in at what appeared to be just the right time. Joe the owner was having computer problems...Chris' specialty. So he asked Chris to fix his computer for free food. So he worked on the computer for a little bit, and we got our grub for free. Joe is awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).