Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bits-and-Pieces

Resurrecting Bits-and-Pieces, because telling a five short stories might help me reignite my desire to blog.



  • A five year old asked me for my phone number a few weeks back.  He marched up to me, "can I have your phone number?"  He wanted his mom and I to set up a play date so he could have Ian over to his house, and he wasn't taking maters into his own hands.  We did have a play date and the boys had a wonderful time.  
  • Ian has been having issues with going to sleep recently.  So I sat down with him and we talked about what was bothering him that was making it so hard to sleep.  He said he didn't like his room and wanted a new room just like Chris and my bedroom.  Since we couldn't give him the exact same thing I asked what he would want to change about his current bedroom.  He listed off his bed, curtains, removing a bookcase, and changing some of the wall art. I took him out shopping and we got a bed frame for his bed (the box spring and mattress were on the floor prior to keep the falling distance smaller.)  He picked out new curtains, a lamp, a wall decal, a stuffed Angry Bird "for decoration." Finally, we got him a new, much shorter bookcase to replace the one we moved out.  He seems to like like his new room, and it does have a much more "big boy" feel to it now.  Hopefully improved sleeping will come.
  • Speaking of sleeping, last night I checked on Ian and he was snuggled up on his pillow snoozing away.  About five minutes later Chris and I heard a funny squeak like sound from Ian.  We found him sprawled out on the floor, laying the opposite direction he was laying while on the bed.  I have no idea how that happened without him waking up or hurting himself.  I woke him up and got him back up into bed and he sleepily laughed about it for a moment and was back out like a light.  
  • Ian starts tee-ball this week.  I'm not sure how that is going to go.  He may have fun and learn to follow rules and directions, or he might throw the worlds most massive fit.  I'll report back.  
  • I get to go for another girls weekend in Philadelphia in two months!  I'm so excited I can't even tell you because it all just comes out sounding like "squee!"  Maybe I will finally get around to posting a little something about my first trip to Philly back in December.  That trip marked a really big first for me, that also allowed me to check something off my lift list.  I flew in an airplane for the first time, and all by myself no less!  This next trip I'm hoping to add my first time traveling by train, and maybe even my first taxi ride.  




1 comment:

  1. PHILLY!!!!!!!!!! Yay, I'm excited too. :) And you know, I haven't ever been in a taxi either.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).