Thursday, December 08, 2011

Nightmares

Last night I had one of those nightmares that lasts hours and hours.  Or at least it seemed that way.

I will set the scene for you:  I was in a building that was like a college dorm or really boring hotel and there were zombies everywhere!  They were in all the rooms, the hallway, the roof, parking garage...everywhere.  I don't remember a lot of the details but we were pissed off and armed with garden tools.  My weapon was a hole digger, and it worked really well on the zombies but I remember picking it because it wasn't too heavy for me to swing.  (How weird is that?  I have never used one of those things in my life!)

Anyway, a group of us, who were still human, were fighting the zombies off and trying to stock up on supplies to go into hiding, but at every turn more zombies were coming at us.  They were not like the zombies in the movies either.  These zombies could use doors and windows and they were not stupid, just slow due to their stiff movements.

We managed to clear the building of supplies, that we piled in a storage garage type space inside the parking garage.  Along the way we gained a few more survivors, including the actor Jackson Rathbone who I was certain was actually a zombie and had my eye on him, ready to split his skull the moment he went for one of my friend's brains.  (Random.)

Finally my dream mercifully came to an end as we were stuck on the building's rooftop surrounded by zombies...how and why were went back I don't really remember.  I was just happy it was over.

I don't dream like that often, or remember dreams for that matter, but when I do I wake up feeling so tired like I really didn't get any rest at all.  I have been dragging all day long and still feeling a little of that fear even though I am awake.  I get the zombies...Chris is playing a zombie video game currently.  What I don't get is how my brain put all that crap together to make up this bizarre dream.  Like the hole digger...I had to look up what I saw in my dream to even know what it was!

Dreams are weird things.  I get why our body and brains need dreams, but I really wish I didn't have to remember them when I woke up.

3 comments:

  1. I know it was an exhausting dream to have, but it's really pretty entertaining to read about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rooftop? I know that applies more to slasher films but you NEVER go upstairs to escape! Have you not seen Scream? ;)

    I've always had vivid dreams and I often remember at least bits of them. I really hate when they carry over into the next day, either emotionally or by causing tiredness.

    I dreamt about being at my grandmother's house last night. There were out-of-control babies/toddlers everywhere and they all needed their diapers changed. My mind's idea of a nightmare?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).