Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Bits-and-Pieces

1. Last week I ordered an Erin Condren Life Planner in anticipation of my birthday.  I knew I would get a little money for my birthday and really wanted a good planner to keep track of bills and life stuff, so I splurged.  Well, not exactly splurged, but got a really crazy awesome deal thanks to a special on Plum District and a lovely promotion code to make it even more affordable.  60% off? Heck, yes I will take it!  I can't wait for it to get here already! (Thanks Mom and Dad for the birthday money, you got me a sweet planner!)

2. Ian turned three on Saturday, and had a nice little party complete with eleventy million presents and lots of love.  Among those gifts was a scooter from my in-laws that Ian thinks is so cool.  He is getting the idea of it pretty well, scooting back and forth across the living room.  I don't think it will be long before he is ready to hit the open road sidewalk.  My dad got Ian 51 little cars of the Hot Wheels type variety.  My living room looks like a parking lot after a tornado, as viewed from the top of a skyscraper.  All I have to say about that is, "Vroooom!"  We got Ian a robot toy called Alphie and plays learning games with alphabet, numbers, etc.  Ian has been siting for a long time each day since his birthday playing with Alphie, his new favorite "bobot." 

3. I can't believe how much my kid has changed!  A year ago his speech was hardly understandable and now he will tell you all about his day or sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" on tune with a good portion of the words right.  I'm so excited because with each new thing he learns or understands he gets a little more interesting and fun.  But there is a part of my heart that just can't bare to see my baby slipping away into boyhood. Please let him still want to hug me for many years to come.

4. My hair has grown so long!  Naturally, I now have the urge to change it because I never keep the same hair style for very long.  I'm just weird that way.  But what to do?  I thought about cutting it to my shoulders again, but I am really liking being able to pull it up or wear it in a braid so I think that cutting it shorter is out for now at least.  I guess that means I need to color it.  Suggestions anyone?

5. Reading list update: I recently finished reading "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer.  Yes, she is the same one that wrote those Twilight books.  And yes, this book was written just as poorly as Twilight.  However, it had that same magic that pulls you into the story and makes you very emotionally involved with the characters.  I really liked the story and I am really looking forward to seeing how the movie based on this book ends up turning out.  Up next on my reading list, "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah E. Harkness.

6. My goal for one month from now is to open my Etsy shop...finally.  So now I need to get sewing in all my free time until the end of the month.  Please fell free to harass me to make sure I stay on task.  I've delayed too long.  It time time to make things happen!

4 comments:

  1. The planner is adorable...

    Just be sure to write "SEW!" in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for organization! The planner looks great - I hope it really works for you.

    So cute that Ian loves his bobot. 51 cars, though? Any significance to the number?

    Definitely sounds like you can use the planner to work on those Etsy goals. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happpy (so late it's almost a crime to even say it) Birthday to Ian!

    I admit, I read the Twilight books and I really enjoyed them. (The movies sucked, in general.) A Discovery of Witches is on my list of things I would like to read. Did you/Are you enjoying it?

    Good luck with your Etsy shop! We love your work around our house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a total obsession with planners (ever since highschool) and i think you'll find having a unique and fun one makes it easier to keep track of your life. i just use moleskines and my iphone now but it's great to have all the info there when you need it regardless!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).