Wednesday, December 09, 2009

What Has Come Over Me?

"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." - Ms. Clairee Belcher in Steel Magnolias

After I got my hair cut short I found myself having a very deep and consuming desire to accessorize. I purchased a few necklaces and couple pairs of big earrings and that has held me over for some time. Now I am moving onto scarves and nail polish. It feels so out of place and yet I am so compelled to be more "girly."

In the past I have not been much for accessorizing. I would wear a pair of earrings, usually just simple studs, and most of the time I would keep my toenails painted. Other than that I pretty much was a jeans and t-shirt dud.

Now that I have short hair I feel like I should be asserting my femininity more with some style. It has been a hard battle for me. I wore a scarf to work the other day and spent most of the day twisting it different ways because I wasn't sure how to wear it correctly.

At least the jewelry and nail polish are easy. This week was the first time, probably since high school, that I painted my finger nails...twice no less. (I might even go for a third time yet this week.)

What has come over me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so thank you in advance! If I reply to comments I usually do so by email, so if your email address is not public in Blogger feel free to email me at thedayslikethis@gmail.com so I have your email to respond to you. Also, please note that I moderate comments, so your comment should appear shortly (unless you are a spammer, in which case I will delete your comment and stick my tongue out in your general direction).